G’mornin Mamas- Let’s get started closing your diastasis! You MUST have a belt, wrap or binder. (Don’t worry you can easily hide it under your clothes PLUS it will make you feel like a ninja).
The two wraps I would recommend are Tupler Technique Belt or Mamaway Belly Band. A really good belt is crucial and will be used EVERY day (diligently;).
You can read about RN Julie TUPLER and her technique here > https://diastasisrehab.com/what-is-tupler-technique + her therapy tape (save with this code TAPE2016 before June 30th) for an extra assist here > https://diastasisrehab.com/shop/therapeutic-products/137-together-tape.html.
MAMAWAY Belly Band can be purchased through Amazon.com and arrive at your front door in 2 days!
When you wrap, you use a pushing motion across your abdominals while pulling the wrap tight to hold them in place (see silly picture of me below as an example where I am wearing the Tupler belt). NOTE: the binder will not correct your diastasis alone it is only meant for proper support as it stabilizes your core. If you want to start the 12 weeks with me then GO now and order a belt of your choice!
Tomorrow I will discuss three medically endorsed therapeutic systems I am combining for the best results, along with my own tips. Follow me @ lovejohnandhope.com where I will solo blog my journey. You will be notified by email when posts are made which will be every Monday + Friday for 12 consistent weeks.
WHY OTHER COUNTRIES BELLY BIND!
* Provides postural support for the torso and organs as they return to pre-pregnancy position
* Supports and assists abdominal wall healing and diastasis recti recovery
* Supports the body’s natural spine and posture realignment post birth
* Constant pressure on the torso and abdomen hastens healing by reducing water, fat and air in the tissue and cells
* Stabilizes loose ligaments
* Decreases postpartum bleeding time by speeding up the process of getting rid of waste blood in a natural way.
* Helps to prevent and relieve lower back aches and strains.
* Prevents slouching while feeding or holding your child
* It’s an ancient traditional natural way of healing after birth
Come on America, get with it.